Within the past few days, I have:
- (tried to) sleep inside a jam-packed car in the parking lot of a Kum & Go gas station
- gone camping for the first time, assembled a tent, and shivered inside the cold shelter while random rains pelted the canvas at night
- almost died while swimming in the Colorado river
- gotten sunburned all across my neck and upper back
- said a quick and pained goodbye to my dog of 7 years
My skin is darker, my hair lighter, and life is surely sweet, but there are definite ups and downs to this trip. Colorado is absolutely beautiful, though, and there is no doubt about that. Onward to Kansas.